Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First Tournament!


http://www.e-lacrosse.com/2005/spin/cc8.jpg (the only information provided)


This weekend is the first lacrosse tournament of the year! We are playing at A&M on Saturday, and I am very nervous. I have never seen a game of lacrosse before, and I don't really know how to play. Despite practicing hard, I haven’t been able to visualize what I am actually supposed to be doing. Since we have never really scrimmaged, the plays don’t make sense to me. The positions and rules are much different than soccer, which is what I have always played. In lacrosse, once the whistle is blown no one on the field is allowed to move at all. Also, the rules for out of bounds, as well as fouls are completely different. I’ve been practicing a lot outside of scheduled practices, since we only practice twice a week. Also, we are only going to have two subs at the tournament, which is not good. We have to play UT and A&M, the first and second place teams in the state.
Despite being very scared for this weekend’s games, I am also excited. Being on a team is something that I have missed since coming to Trinity, and I am glad that I have been getting to know all the other girls. Hopefully this weekend is going to be a good learning experience for me, as well as the rest of the team. Since most of the girls who are going to the tournament this weekend are inexperienced, I am less nervous about making mistakes that cost our team goals, or penalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment